torsdag, november 27, 2008

Castle Walls.


Castle walls, they do not stand so strong
When everybody believes you are wrong.
One second I ruled the whole world.
Next there was the worst scream you ever heard.
I knew I finished my role in the play
When I let the emotions drag me away.

I was the stronger
But never so fearless as I wished for.
I was the most naive.
Just a taste of it and I wanted more.
They should have known
I was not made for taking demands.
But for a moment
I held both of the worlds in my hands.

I had everything to wish for in the palm of my hand.
There was no better view but from where I could stand.
But I needed you to keep my heart beating and warm.
So they did the one thing that would cause me most harm.

And I could hear how the demons called my name
Because when you were gone, it was never the same.
I was left hanging as a puppet on their strings.
Us girls, we were never meant to be kings.

My mind in a cage
Other was dangerous, or so I was told.
My heart on a plate
Became worth more than all the worlds gold.
I was smoothly crushed
Because they believed I was not to carry the crown.
Yet I have everything left
Even though they tore all of my castle walls down.

Inga kommentarer: