tisdag, april 15, 2008

About Samantha Carmine.

I remember the first time I met her, though it was so long ago. She had her neon pink hair up in a chick hairstyle and so much hairspray that it looked very plastic. She had plenty of make up and clothing in the latest fashion, only in black and white.
But I guess it was her smile that I fell for. No one would ever forget that smile, I say. Perfect lips with light pink lipstick on and the sweetest dimples I had ever seen. And she smiled at me as I first laid my eyes on her, only moments after I walked into the room. Because she was the first one I saw, that night. She was just the kind of girl you notice. If you'd put her in a room of hundred strangers, she would be the first one you saw. Because that's who she was, my Carmine.
I say Carmine, because that's what she told me to call her. At the very first time we where introduced. It was a friend of mine who knew one of her friends.
- Hi, my name is Andy Walker, I said.
- I’m Samantha Carmine, she answered with her beautiful smile. But you can call me just Carmine, everybody does.
And since then, it was always me and Carmine. I guess that from the feeling that ran through my body when I first saw her, grew some kind of love. And I sure loved her. But I guess not even true love last forever.


- We could run away you know, she said. We could leave all this and go to a place where money and fame doesn’t matter.
That was one of the things that fascinated me most about Carmine. She was super rich, super famous and super beautiful, but she had no problem what so ever to see the difference between her “sweet little reality” and the real world. She had said so many times that she wished that she was just an ordinary girl. That she would trade away all her wealth for just a moment of true happiness.
- Are you sure you could leave all this? I asked her.
I was lying on my back on the floor in one of the VIP-rooms of the disco we used to hang out at.She looked at me, straight in the eyes.
- If I said I could, would you come with me?
I tried to see if she were serious or not, but it was impossible to tell. But she wasn’t smiling.
- Maybe, I said and looked up to the roof. I couldn’t take looking at her.


And there’s nothing I regret more in my life than looking away that night. Because then she was gone. When I called her the very next day she did not answer. Nor the day after that. When I went to her apartment no one answered. The next day she was reported missing. Time went on and soon she was declared dead. No one ever saw Samantha Carmine again. The least me. I guess I never really knew anything about Carmine. She never told me anything about her. She never told anybody anything. And that’s probably why no one knew where she went or why she disappeared. No one knew anything. About Samantha Carmine.
The End.

Inga kommentarer: