tisdag, april 15, 2008

About Samantha Carmine, part 2.

Jag rekomenderar att du läser den första delen först. Den som bara heter "About Samantha Carmine".

The first time I met Andy was at a friend of mines birthday party. I believe he was there with my friends’ ex-boyfriend. I noticed him since he looked a lot like Andy Warhol, with his blond hair and dark sunglasses. When he told me his name was actually Andy Walker I almost started laughing. I told him to call me Carmine, just like everybody else. We talked and danced all night. He was really sweet, in a way. At least different. Somehow I felt like he understood me. He accepted who I was.
He walked me home. It was 03.00 pm but he walked me all the way home even though he was going in the opposite direction. After we said goodbye on the sidewalk outside my house and I shut the door behind me, I knew. Andy was the one. If he wasn’t, then this kind of life that I was living wasn’t for me.

- I never wanted this, I said to him one day.
- Wanted what? He asked.
- This life.
- What do you mean?
I know he knew what I meant. I had just never said it straight out before. He knew I hated being the girl every other girl wanted to be. I was, as they said; “super rich, super famous and super beautiful”. You’d found about just those words in any celebrity newspaper in America. It wasn’t like I didn’t like my “life” or the people around me, it was the fact that because I was born into this life, people believed I must be a brat, stupid and spoiled. I simply didn’t earn living this life.
It had been me and Andy for quite some time now. Not years or anything, but long enough.
We could run away you know, I said. We could go to a place where money and fame doesn’t matter.
- Are you sure you could leave all this, he asked.
He was lying on his back on the floor beside me. I looked into his eyes. I could tell my look scared him, but at the moment, I didn’t care.
- If I said I could, would you come with me?
Inside, I already knew what he was going to say. I just needed to hear it.
- Maybe, he answered and looked away, into the roof.
I knew it scared him, leaving. Even though Andy understood me, he wasn’t like me. I didn’t belong in this world, he did.
I raised from the floor. He asked where I was going. I said I had to go.
- To where, he wondered.
I looked at him. I didn’t smile, even though I wanted to, because I knew he loved it when I did.
- Just…, I started but changed my mind. He didn’t need to know where I was going.
- Just what?
- Just, I’ll se you, I said and took of.

And I desperately hoped that I would. But even though I loved Andy, he didn’t know anything about me. About Samantha Carmine.

The End.

Inga kommentarer: